1. Why did you start CrossFit?
I had been lifting and running forever, I just wanted to try something new. And you pretty much get something new every time you work out at CFD. Plus, I got to meet a ton of cool new people!
2. What is your favorite thing about CFD?
It’s got to be the people. The coaches are great. Everyone in class is super friendly, cool, funny and encouraging. (Special shout-out to the 5:30 AM crew!). Plus wearing my Star Wars Chewbacca socks is greatly encouraged.
3. What do you do for a living?
I’m a nerdy Electrical Engineer.
4. What are some goals you have for yourself related to your health and fitness?
Eating better. Just because I burned a million calories at Crossfit this week doesn’t mean I should eat 2 million calories. Also, I’ve never squatted 300lbs. I’m close, so I think I can do it!
5. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Tacos. Breakfast Tacos. Brunch Tacos. Late Night Tacos. Beer with Tacos. I also like Tacos.
6. What is your favorite CrossFit movement and why?
I’m a fan of power cleans. I can usually cycle through them pretty well. Don’t ask me about burpees though. They’re the devil.
7. What would you tell somebody just starting out or thinking about starting CrossFit?
You should ask my wife Melanie! After a couple of months of nagging her I finally got her to a class, and now she can’t stay away. And yeah, some of the terminology and movements seem intimidating at first, but after a couple of classes and some awesome guidance from CFD coaches you’ll be WODing like a pro.