1. Why did you start CrossFit?
There is a CrossFit gym at my office and I was starting to get into it there at the encouragement of my boss. I was working out in the afternoons by myself. It was no fun! Thankfully, when I moved to Dunwoody, CFD was just opening up.
2. What is your favorite thing about CFD?
I love the friendly faces at 5:30am. It’s nice to start the day with an awesome group of people who get up really early to exercise. Bonus: I feel great and the effects of the early workout keep me going all day.
3. What do you do for a living?
I am the President of a small manufacturing company called DataComm Electronics. We make cable management products that hide the wires behind TVs, among other things.
4. What are some goals you have for yourself related to your health and fitness?
I want to develop more upper body strength.
5. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Red wine, dark chocolate
6. What is your favorite CrossFit movement and why?
Definitely overhead squats. It is such a great movement. Great leg, core, and arm workout all at once. When the movement clicks, it feels so good!
7. What would you tell somebody just starting out or thinking about starting CrossFit?
You are going to be sore at first. Don’t be intimidated by anyone in the gym. It is an amazing, encouraging community!