Jackie is one of our great members at CrossFit Dunwoody. She is an incredible supporter of our community, and very loyal to her 5:30am class!
Lets take a moment to get to know Jackie a bit better:
1. Why did you start CrossFit? My husband was encouraging me to lift more heavy weight.
2. What is your favorite thing about CFD? My 5:30am crew…..I really love them and will miss them while I am on maternity leave!
3. What do you do for a living? I am a mom of 2, almost 3 kids and work in Human Resources at a large CPG company.
4. What are some goals you have for yourself related to your health and fitness? Do a pull-up once I pop out this baby and get my body back to a comfortable weight.
5. What is your favorite cheat meal? Right now I cheat whenever I want, but in real life pepperoni and spinach calzone.
6. What is your favorite CrossFit movement and why? Box jumps because they make me feel very strong and powerful!
7. What would you tell somebody just starting out or thinking about starting CrossFit? That you will never feel as strong as you do after a hard WOD!! I also tell a lot of moms that it is hard to grasp the fact that you are at Crossfit for an hour and the WOD may only be 15 minutes, but you will see even better results over time than going to a regular hour “body pump” class with 8 pound weights (not that there is anything wrong with that J).